TSB Bank Limited - New Plymouth - Taranaki
Who are you?
We’re looking for a collaborative and action-oriented IT professional with experience running operational systems and across database technologies to join our team, as Data Engineer. This is a multidisciplinary role, with elements of software development, system design and operations.
This role centres on enhancing and evolving our Business Intelligence platform, while maintaining high levels of data quality and integrity. You’ll be responsible for supporting data flows between platforms and systems, both internally and externally.
As Data Engineer, you’ll be a quick learner, with the proven ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to envision and iterate concepts, respond to incidents and manage solutions. You’ll have sound judgement, strong business acumen and the confidence to handle risk and uncertainty.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience with OLTP database technologies (My SQL, SQL Server) as well as defining data models
- Experience in Data Warehousing solutions (Azure DWH, Redshift) would be beneficial
- A solid understanding of system design and architectural patterns and familiarity with ETL or other data flow management tools, such as Apache Airflow, SSIS, Azure Data
- Factory 5+ years’ experience with software development, especially scripting languages with Python in particular
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing fleets of Linux servers, preferably with configuration management tools like Ansible
- A platform and language agnostic approach in delivering solutions for our customers
- Expertise with virtualisation (Docker, Rancher) and cloud infrastructure management (AWS, Azure) would be beneficial
Who are we?
We’re a real New Zealand bank on a mission – to help New Zealanders get ahead and to make their banking experience as easy as possible.
Like our customers, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re committed to developing and encouraging our people to achieve their goals both inside, and outside of our four walls. We promote inclusion and innovative thinking, and pride ourselves on the positive working environment we’ve created.
So if you’re passionate about helping New Zealanders and ready to get stuck in as part of a team where you’re supported to be your best self…Apply now!
Applications close: Sunday 18th August 2019