TSB Bank Limited - New Plymouth - Taranaki
Who are you?
We are seeking a highly skilled, technical expert with strong business acumen to join our New-Plymouth based Financial Accounting team as a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant, on a fixed term basis. You will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrates high attention to detail and has the ability to mitigate risks with creative solutions.
This role is central to all external financial reporting and encompasses statutory reporting requirements, audit responsibility and tax compliance. In this position, you’ll ensure the integrity of financial systems and models are maintained, facilitate the delivery of timely information and assist where needed to prepare budgets and forecasts. Primarily, you’ll be responsible for the preparation of financial statements and reporting in accordance with the applicable standards, compliance with Financial Reporting and Prudential Supervision Statutes.
To be successful in this role you’ll need a solid understanding of Accounting and IT systems, knowledge of management, accounting and financial analysis practices and demonstrated experience in high level /strategic thinking, planning and stakeholder management. In line with this, you’ll have:
- 5+ years’ commercial experience with CA designation, or be equivalently qualified
- Comprehensive interpersonal, analytical and communication skills and a broad-based knowledge of advanced financial accounting and reporting concepts and processes
- Strong computer literacy with a grasp of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
- Proven technical ability, gained through experience within a financial services organisation or a chartered accounting environment
- A diligent, one team approach and practical aptitude for problem-solving
- Previous experience working with TechOne would be advantageous
Who are we?
We’re a real New Zealand bank on a mission – to help New Zealanders get ahead and to make their banking experience as easy as possible.
Like our customers, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re committed to developing and encouraging our people to achieve their goals both inside, and outside of our four walls. We promote inclusion and innovative thinking, and pride ourselves on the positive working environment we’ve created.
Our commitment to our people has also been recognised by the HR Institute of New Zealand, after taking home the Workplace Engagement Programme of the Year award in 2017.
So if you’re passionate about helping New Zealanders and ready to get stuck in as part of a team where you’re supported to be your best self…Apply now!
Applications close: 17th March 2019