Findex - Hastings - Hawkes Bay
Hineuru Iwi Trust is the post-settlement governance entity for the iwi of Hineuru. The object of the Trust is to receive, hold, manage and administer the Trust assets for and on behalf of the members of Hineuru. The Trust is also committed to fostering and promoting the cultural, social, spiritual, political and economic wellbeing of their people and places.
Hineuru Iwi Trust is looking for an experienced and motivated Chief Executive to take the reins from the outgoing CEO and lead Hineuru through a new phase of expansion and development.
This role reports through to the Board of Trustees and works closely with the Chair of the Trust but will also work across the whole Hineuru group structure, including Hineuru’s charity and commercial arm of the Trust.
This is a strategic yet hands on role, which will lead the team responsible for the commercial and cultural activities of Hineuru Iwi Trust and will see you primarily taking responsibility for:
- The implementation and delivery of the annual plan and five-year strategic plan.
- Commercial operations including management of the investment portfolio. This includes farming, horticulture, forestry, property development and managed funds and management of future potential investment opportunities.
- Cultural and social operations including effective delivery and management of cultural and social programmes and key projects.
- Environmental management activities including managing Hinueru representation on relevant environmental forums and planning committees and managing relationships with local government bodies and other iwi.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a track record in building and managing teams to successfully deliver the cultural, social and commercial aspirations, preferably within Maori organisations.
- Have strong commercial acumen and strategic vision to practically manage the investment and commercial operations across our investment portfolio.
- Be environmentally and sustainably focused and able to manage associated relationships effectively.
- Have a proven track record in managing stakeholder (especially iwi) relationships effectively.
- Have strong networks and relationships in the private sector and government to deliver on strategic initiatives and plans.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally have a good understanding of Tikanga and Te Reo Maori.
- Have a sound understanding of property and primary sector industries.
This full-time role is ideally based in Hawke’s Bay and will suit an individual who is passionate about being part of a Maori iwi organisation and playing a key role in new cultural, social and commercial opportunities. A tertiary qualification in management, business administration or cultural studies is beneficial to this role, however this is not essential.
For more information please see the job description or phone Michelle Knox (Findex - Human Resources and Health & Safety Consulting) on 0800 020 002 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position please follow the instructions online, attaching your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter.
Applications close 27 Oct 2019