Solomon Group and New Zealand Welding Trades and Services - Kerikeri - Northland
Solomon Group is a leading tertiary education provider, serving the needs of thousands of New Zealanders, from all walks of life, who want further education and training to secure a better future for themselves and their families. We have been a registered Private Training Establishment (PTE) since 1999 and are one of the largest NZQA-accredited PTEs in New Zealand.
Our vision is to inspire and enable people to develop the skills they need to succeed in work and in life. We do this by engaging with learners in creative ways which are relevant to their needs and life circumstances — the learning environment, cultural context, content, and delivery style are tailored to help and support learners of all ages achieve their dreams. Further to that, our role is also to inspire and help learners onto education and employment pathways which will meet their long-term aspirations.
About the role:
We have a great opportunity for a NEET Coach to work with 16 -17 year olds who are not in education, employment or training. You will help them towards achieving NCEA Qualifications and the required training, employment and career pathway support they will need. This role will also be based in Kaikohe. If you are keen to make a difference in the community; have a passion and want to work with young people; demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude with high energy levels; have a high level of literacy and numeracy; have strong administration skill; have at least a restricted drivers licence and no criminal convictions, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience
- Ability to speak to groups and profile programmes/services
- Proven ability to achieve outcomes
- Proven employer and/or training networks (or the ability to demonstrate how these can be developed)
- Proven ability in the Youth Sector
- Ability to run workshops and organise events
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Open and honest communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Planning & Organisation skills
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to the organisation’s needs
- Full clean drivers licence
Applicants for this Full-Time position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are up for helping young people to reach their goals and to develop a career and education path apply today!
Applications close 20 Feb 2020