Heritage Lifecare BPA Limited - Blenheim - Nelson/Marlborough
Maxwell Lifecare / Waterlea Lifecare is looking for 2 Cooks to join our catering team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
Maxwell Lifecare is a 25-bed Hospital aged care facility located in Blenheim. We believe in providing personable, compassionate, safe, respectful care, adding value to the quality of everyday living.
Watelea Lifecare is a 61-bed care home with a friendly, family-oreintated environment, supported by a great team. Located in the sunny Marlborough town of Blenheim.
You will work with our team to provide:
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts when required.
- Shifts include AM, PM and weekends
- Be available to cover sickness and annual leave
- Minimal of 1-year experience of working within a rest home environment or very similar
- Hold relevant chemical training certificate
- Be able to budget costing and design
- Have sound knowledge of nutrition and dietetics
- Aware of the cultural dimensions of food
- Staff organisation and ancillary areas
- Be computer literate to place food orders and manage any shortfalls in deliveries efficiently and effectively
- Be forward thinking and proactive in approach with good common sense
- Have excellent awareness of food safety
- A First Aid certificate is preferred but not essential.
Are you keen? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please provide a CV, covering letter and completed application form.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews may be held before the closing date of this advert, so please, if you are really interested get your application in as soon as possible to increase your chances.
Please note: to be eligible for this position you must have a legal right to work in New Zealand and be prepared to undergo a police vetting procedure.