Hilton Haulage - Christchurch City - Canterbury
Hilton Haulage Limited is a leading transport and logistics company with bases throughout NZ. With over 500 employees, the company provides an array of transport and storage solutions to a wide range of industries and business sectors, providing a great environment to develop your career.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Dispatcher to join our Container division in Hillsborough. Due to the 24/7 nature of the business this role will be working on a 3/3/3 rotating roster and will see you join the Operations team, reporting to the Operations Manager.
As the Dispatcher you will be responsible for the following (amongst other tasks):
- Scheduling and dispatching of relevant trucks for all full container movements within the Canterbury region
- Ensuring efficient use of resources by managing driver’s workload and daily jobs
- Managing relationships with key customers
- General dispatching and office duties
In order to be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- An eagerness to work a 3/3/3 rotating roster (3x dayshift, 3x nightshift, 3x days off)
- Ideally have experience within a dispatching role and/or scheduling know-how
- Great computer skills
- Extremely efficient with a high attention to detail
- An understanding of the transport industry would be an advantage
- Strong geographical knowledge of the wider Canterbury area
- Enthusiasm, great communications skills and the ability to pick things up quickly
Your anticipated hours of work will be 6am-4pm (dayshift) and 5pm-4am (nightshift).
Health & Safety is a key focus at Hilton Haulage, so the successful applicant must be prepared to comply with all safety-related rules, policies, procedures and directions given and ensuring the employees under their care adhere also. This includes observing customer site rules and taking all reasonable steps to prevent harm to themselves or others.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will have the opportunity to join a successful and growing company where your efforts will be recognised. Excellent long-term career prospects are available for those who are driven and committed.
If this sounds like you, apply online now, by uploading your CV and completing the online application form.