Mercy Hospital - Dunedin City - Otago
Full time, Permanent
- Support with professional development
- Christmas and New Year holidays off
- Competitive remuneration package
At Mercy Hospital continuing the legacy of our founders matters to us – this means creating an environment where exceptional care makes a difference. A shared purpose achieved by our outstanding team.
We are an elective surgery hospital established in Dunedin in 1936, dedicated to providing high standards of care to our patients, staff and wider community through our focus on values, sustainability, charitable outreach and excellent service.
Our staff are provided support for further training, personal development and an extensive range of benefits including (but not limited to):
- flexible working hours
- free on-site parking
- access to staff discount for some surgical procedures
- subsidised health insurance and meals for staff.
About the Role
The Anaesthetic Technician role is responsible for providing clinical and technical assistance to the Anaesthetist during induction of, maintenance of and emergence from anaesthesia and to provide assistance and support in the theatre team across a variety of specialities.
The successful applicant must be registered with Medical Sciences Council and have a current Practicing Certificate. The successful person appointed in this role will commence in January 2020.
Specific duties include:
- To provide assistance to the Anaesthetist
- To ensure the equipment and stocks required are maintained
- To ensure continued education and personal development.
For more information, please see the position description.
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years post registration surgical experience desired however familiarity in other areas will be considered
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive clinical assessment skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
How to Apply
To apply please click apply. For more information about Mercy Hospital Dunedin, please visit our website at www.mercyhospital.org.nz
For further information about the role please email HR Enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do not accept applications via email.
Applications close 13 December 2019.
Applications close 13 Dec 2019