UCOL - Palmerston North - Manawatu
Learning Technologies Training and Support Technician
A brand new position has been created for an experienced, administratively disciplined Learning Technologies Training and Support Technician to join UCOL’s Quality Directorate. The role will have you providing advisory services to staff across a range of educational areas. This position is a full time permanent position (40 hours).
The Learning Technologies Training and Support Technician’s primary role is to provide technical and operational support for the Learning Management System (Moodle) as well delivering training and support for educational applications used at UCOL.
This will include:
Learning Management System and Technical Systems
- Be the first response for all Moodle queries from staff.
- Be responsible for the rolling over of courses throughout the academic year.
- Report on system usage and performance and suggest improvements.
- Assist with developing improved processes around the use of the LMS.
- Liaise with the Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) team on problem resolution, backups, improvements, upgrades and documenting system processes.
- Liaise with IS&T on the evaluation of potential new products and services to support the LMS and student academic achievement in general.
- Liaise with the external vendor for version testing and upgrades.
Staff Training and Liaison
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with LMS users, faculty and staff from other relevant services and vendors.
- Provide first level support (help desk & introductory training) for users of the Learning Management System and other tools and technologies used at UCOL.
- Provide staff training in the use of and any enhancements to the UCOL Student Attendance App and Student Progress App.
Experience with educational technologies, helpdesk software and excellent communication skills are essential. A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred.
This is an opportunity to join a team that prides itself in making a meaningful difference to the lives of staff and students through the use of educational technology. If you believe that you offer what we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
At UCOL we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide our staff with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.