UCOL - Palmerston North - Manawatu
We would like to welcome applicants to apply for the position of Administrative Co-ordinator.
This role covers a variety of administration duties to which you will be required to provide efficient and responsive administration support to the Director, Academic Development and on occasion to UCOL's Quality team.
Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks is required.
The ability to sometimes work under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is also required. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in this role.
- Administration Support: To organise formal, internal and external senior level meetings and ensure invites, room booking and catering run smoothly and efficiently. Prepare agenda papers for formal academic committees so that board members have ample time to review information before the meeting takes place.
- Take accurate formal committee meeting minutes and maintain rolling action lists.
- To plan, organise and coordinate events, activities and projects ensuring that they take place on time and to the required standard.
- Produce documents, draft correspondence, reports and presentations using the Microsoft office suite of programmes accurately and to a high standard.
- To work with NZQA to co-ordinate the NZQA Moderation plan. Checking current Unit Standards and advising the faculties/programme leaders. Collating and reporting moderation information to NZQA within the timeframe given.
- Complete online recruitment requirements as required so that vacant positions are advertised within specified times.
- Maintain Literacy and Numeracy data base and on line reports.
- To perform other secretarial administrative tasks as required by the Director, Academic Development.
The Universal College of Learning is a government-funded Institute of Technology, with four campuses in Palmerston North, Whanganui, Levin and Wairarapa. It meets the needs of local communities and industry by providing tertiary level training to over 6,000 students each year through a wide range of programmes from entry level certificates and foundation courses to diplomas, degrees and opportunities in post graduate study.
At UCOL we embrace diversity, talent and performance, and provide our staff with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally.
All your details must be registered on https://careers.ucol.ac.nz/home for you to be able to apply for a job with UCOL. As soon as you register and then apply for a role, a confirmation email will be sent to you.