SPCA - Wellington City - Wellington
Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week (3 shifts per week)
Location: Wellington SPCA
We are seeking an experienced part-time Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team at our Wellington Centre. The role will cover 3 shifts per week for a total of 24 hours/week. To ensure that all visitors and calls are handled in a consistent manner our Customer Support Representatives work rostered shifts between 8am and 7pm including weekends, so you will need to be flexible with your time.
The Customer Service team attends to general enquiries, welfare complaints, donation and support enquiries, clients of the veterinary practice, people coming in to adopt animals, visitors and conference/event attendees. This team also plays a key role in managing the acceptance and admittance of animals into the centre's care.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be the first point of contact for anyone approaching the organisation, either in person or over the phone. Every interaction counts, so we are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who is quick on the uptake and emotionally resilient.
Due to the diverse nature of this role, you will need to be adaptable and enthusiastic as well as being quick at gathering and analysing information. You are also comfortable with learning and finding your way around various computer programmes.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have previous relevant experience, preferably in a customer service setting
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
- Be comfortable with collecting and analysing information, and have excellent judgement skills
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
- Have a passion for and knowledge of animal welfare
- Have a great sense of humour
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5pm Monday 28th October.