UCOL - Wanganui - Manawatu
Kaituhono/Engagement & Disability Support Liaison
Do you want to work in an environment that is varied, fun, rewarding and sometimes brings a challenge to your day? We can guarantee no two days will ever be the same!
At UCOL’s Whanganui Campus an exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Student Success Team as a Kaituhono/Engagement & Disability Support Liaison. This position is a part time permanent position working 20 hours (0.5 FTE) a week.
This role works alongside students to help them overcome any challenges or barriers to their engagement with their study and maximise their retention and success. As the Engagement & Disability Support Liaison you will triage support requirements and ensure students have access to the necessary support structures at UCOL. You will also assess the support needs of students identifying with a disability or impairment, and co-ordinate appropriate strategies to meet these needs.
The successful applicant will be experienced in establishing effective working relationships. We are looking for someone who has proactive problem solving ability. Experience supporting students with disabilities and knowledge of local community services would be helpful.
We’re looking for people who have:
- A sense of humour
- Good social skills and the ability to relate well to others
- The ability to work with a range of people with differing levels of support needs
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, be tactful and sensitive in dealing with people
- Commitment to professional development
- The ability to work actively as part of a team and individually to ensure service quality
- A current full driver’s licence (preferably to drive both automatic and manual vehicles)
- Good English language ability (written and spoken)
- Confidence in assisting with pastoral care
- Energy and enthusiasm.
Are you ready to come and work with us in a role where you can make a difference?
The Universal College of Learning is a government-funded Institute of Technology, with four campuses in Palmerston North, Whanganui, Masterton and Levin. It meets the needs of local communities and industry by providing tertiary level training to over 6,000 students each year through a wide range of programmes from entry level certificates and foundation courses to diplomas, degrees and opportunities in post graduate study.