Hilton Haulage - Ashburton - Canterbury
Hilton Haulage is a well-established and recognisable brand throughout the South Island providing a range of transport and logistics services with a focus on service excellence.
We are looking for an experienced HPMV Operator to join our Container Division. This is not your normal container role as it will involve a variety of tasks; a week in this role may see you moving containers on skeles, then carting refrigerated trailer loads and moving some general freight on flat decks.
On offer is a Monday to Friday dayshift role based out of Ashburton. Typical start times for dayshift is around 5am. There could also be the possibility of covering some weekend work as and when required.
Working in a fast-paced environment, the container division operates 24/7, moving approximately 38,000 TEU a year. This role will see you predominantly transporting empty and full containers or refrigerated trailer loads between Ashburton and Lyttleton Port, but there may be the requirement to work in and around our other key Christchurch sites during your shift.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria;
- A strong geographical knowledge of the Mid-Canterbury and Canterbury areas
- Experience in transporting loads with HPMV’s up to 60 Tonne.
- Experience with road ranger is essential.
- Top quality professional operator who offers two or more years’ experience driving, have a safe driving record and understand the importance of reliability and teamwork.
In return, we can offer you:
- A guaranteed payment for 80 hours of work per fortnight
- Competitive hourly rates plus applicable allowances
- Company phone
- Good gear to drive
- Medical Insurance after successfully completing 3 months service.
To apply for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application form.
This position requires you to be a New Zealand Resident/Citizen or hold a valid New Zealand work visa.
Applications Close Friday 12th October 2019