Dealer Graduate Programme - Palmerston North - Manawatu
Toyota Retail Graduate Programme – the opportunity to drive your career in your direction
Are you some who can take the wheel here?
Our programme is fast-paced, practical and develops you into a future leader in our Toyota store network. We have multiple locations for graduates across the North and South Island.
What our programme looks like
During the programme, you will get to discover plenty about yourself- and us. We will help you work out your strengths and gear up for future leadership positions within our network of Toyota stores.
In the 1st year, the focus is on getting to understand the business and developing you as an individual. You will rotate through the main departments within a store, getting to know our customers, our products and our culture.
The 2nd year will focus on preparing you for a specific area or role within a Toyota store and developing your leadership skills.
Are you one of us?
Toyota people thrive on having the freedom to make decisions and do extraordinary things. Here’s what we look for:
- Enthusiasm and passion for working in a dynamic and exciting environment
- Successful achievement of (in last 12 months or will successfully achieve before the start of the programme) a Bachelor’s Degree from a NZQA approved New Zealand tertiary institute
- Your programme of study is relevant to the content of the Toyota Retail Graduate Programme e.g. including but not limited to: Commerce, Business, Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- You are energetic, self-confident, competitive, proactive, resilient, and have tons of initiative.
- Proven experience working with people, preferably in a customer-facing role or in the hospitality industry.
To apply for the Toyota Retail Graduate Programme, you will need to submit a cover letter, a CV, your Academic Transcript and the completed Application Form.
In your cover letter you need to demonstrate why you are the best graduate candidate for this programme. This will include helping us to understand your motivation for applying, the qualities you possess that will ensure your success throughout the two years on the programme, and how you express the eight Toyota Believe statements in your approach to life.
Your CV will need to reflect any previous work experience, relevant skills, personal qualities and interests. We are interested in hearing about the experiences where you have developed and demonstrated the competencies we're after, including key achievements in your life to date.
Your Academic Transcript will enable us to gain an understanding of the range of papers you have studied while completing your degree.
It is highly advantageous that you have a full New Zealand drivers licence as you will have the opportunity to drive a range of Toyota vehicles.
Please note, you must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident to apply for this programme.
We look forward to receiving your application before 13 September!
Applications close 13 Sep 2019