Tranznorth - Whangarei - Northland
Salary/Wages: good rates paid, $65 - $75k p.a.
Tranznorth is a locally owned and operated Refrigerated Transport Company based in Whangarei. Our fleet of specialised temperature controlled vehicles complete pickups and deliveries from Auckland to Awanui.
An opportunity has become available within our current team, working a consistent shift in a clean and dry environment. We require an experienced, Class 5 driver to operate within our late model fleet (Iveco and Mercedes + Fairfax) of both truck and trailer and semi configurations. Knowledge in refrigerated or general freight industry is of an advantage but is not necessary as full training will be provided.
We want a reliable and organised driver who:
- Can show us a solid work history with good references,
- Delivers high quality service to our customers,
- Has an eye for detail
- Is a good communicator,
Ideally you will have:
- significant previous driving experience - minimum 2 years, with at least 1 year Class 5,
- experience with both truck and trailer and semi-trailer units,
- experience and current licence for a counter balanced forklift.
Tranznorth offers in return:
- A safe working environment in a family owned business, tertiary accredited with ACC and five star ORS rated. The owner knows your name. All hours paid, electronic logbooks.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- A great working team environment, although you will be working unsupervised most of the time.
Various runs are available and there is some flexibility around this. Please note in your application any limits around which shifts and days you can work. We will never ask or expect you to do over 70 hours or breach your (electronic) logbook in any way. The higher paid roles are Night roles.
We do monitor speed (and braking etc) via Eroad, and expect speed limits to be followed in all speed zones. We use E-road electronic logbooks and Sign-on-Glass devices for POD's, which makes drivers roles less complicated.
Full training and uniform will be supplied.
Tranznorth has a zero drug and alcohol policy and applicants must be willing, if requested, to undertake a pre-employment drug and alcohol test. We also check ACC and criminal record histories. This isn't necessarily a problem, but we need to have this information to ensure our whole teams health and safety.
Applications with a CV and if possible a brief cover letter will be front of queue.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 11 Sep 2019