Poronui - Taupo - Waikato
Poronui is a Member of the Luxury Lodges of New Zealand nestled in the wilderness of the secluded Taharua Valley 35 minutes from Taupo.
We employ professional staff committed to genuine service and excellence, providing our guests with a memorable experience keeping them returning to Poronui
Reasons to apply –
- Your workplace will be a working hill country station at the gateway of the Kaimanawa mountains. The property encompasses open fields, native forest and hill country trails.
- Join a company focused on continuing a strong team culture
- Meeting interesting people from many parts of the world
- Working with a small team of well-schooled and developed horses
- Being with a Company dedicated to protecting the environment and committed to Health & Safety
The successful applicant will have the following valued experience and skills -
- Excellent riding skills with a minimum of New Zealand Pony Club A+ or equivalent
- Confidence in handling a variety of horses in varying situations & terrain
- Professional pride in turnout of horses, along with knowledge in animal health care
- Excellent people skills while also enjoying long periods in the company of horses
- Experience in teaching techniques and guiding others in riding
- High level of fitness and personal pride in appearance
- Positive Health & Safety attitude and understanding
- Clean drivers licence record and experience towing a horse float
- Knowledge of New Zealand flora, fauna, history and current affairs
This position starts from September with a minimum of 25 hours per week over 5 - 6 days on a fixed term contract. A competitive remuneration will be provided based on experience - along with a travel allowance if residing more than 35 kilometres from Poronui.
Housing is available on site for a nominal room rental during the term of the contracts.
If you have a love of New Zealand, the experience of outdoor adventures, enjoy the company in meeting new people and a fun can do attitude - then we would love to hear from you.
For any questions phone Claire Hall on 07 384 2080
Applications close 08 Sep 2019