SPCA - Whangarei - Northland
Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work: 30 hours per week, may have to do extra hours on top of this. Monday to Friday 6 hours per day.
Location: SPCA Whangarei Centre
SPCA Whangarei are seeking a confident and motivated person to assist with the general duties including errands, animal transport, animal care and cleaning and helping with repairs and maintenance to help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care.
The ideal candidate will be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking, has strong interpersonal skills, as well as a friendly and positive attitude. They will need to be able to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
To be successful in your application, you will need to have the following qualities:
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous handyperson or maintenance experience
- Animal handling experience
- Full and sound drivers license
Skills & Personality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A positive, friendly and can-do attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skill
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities
- Proven ability to work independently, collaboratively, and as an effective team member and leader
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand. We have a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare, which we have been doing this since 1872.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Friday 23rd August 2019.