Mercy Hospital - Dunedin City - Otago
- Support with professional development
- Christmas and New Year holidays off
- Competitive remuneration package
At Mercy Hospital continuing the legacy of our founders matters to us – this means creating an environment where exceptional care makes a difference. A shared purpose achieved by our outstanding team.
We are an elective surgery hospital established in Dunedin in 1936, dedicated to providing high standards of care to our patients, staff and wider community through our focus on values, sustainability, charitable outreach and excellent service.
Our staff are provided support for further training, personal development and an extensive range of benefits including (but not limited to):
- flexible working hours
- free on-site parking
- access to staff discount for some surgical procedures
- subsidised health insurance and meals for staff.
About the Role
The Registered Nurse role is responsible for providing provision of safe, effective and evidenced based Nursing care in our ICU/HDU department. This is a part-time role and will involve weekend work.
The successful applicant must be an experienced Registered Nurse in ICU/HDU with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and hold a current annual practising certificate.
Specific duties include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care that is responsive to client’s needs and is supported by best evidence
- Practising in accordance with the Domains of Competence for the Registered Nurse
- Creating a conducive environment for patient and family participation in care that is reflective of a healing environment.
Skills and Experience:
2-3 years post registration surgical experience desired however familiarity in other areas will be considered
- Excellent assessment skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive clinical assessment skills
- Enthusiasm and a proactive, flexible attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
How to Apply
To apply or review the position description, please visit our Careers page on our website at www.mercyhospital.org.nz
For further information about the role please email HR Enquiries email@example.com.
Please note we do not accept applications via email.
Applications close 20 September 2019.
Applications close 20 Sep 2019