Mercy Hospital Dunedin - Dunedin City - Otago
Full-time or Part-time
- Support with professional development
- Christmas and New Year holidays off
- Competitive remuneration package
- Access to staff discount for some surgical procedures
- Free onsite parking
At Mercy Hospital continuing the legacy of our founders matters to us – this means creating an environment where exceptional care makes a difference. A shared purpose achieved by our outstanding team.
We are an elective surgery hospital established in Dunedin in 1936, dedicated to providing high standards of care to our patients, staff and wider community through our focus on values, sustainability, charitable outreach and excellent service.
Our staff are provided support for further training, personal development and an extensive range of benefits including (but not limited to):
- flexible working hours between Monday-Friday
- free on-site parking
- subsidised health insurance and meals for staff.
About the Role
Our Chemotherapy service was established in 2011 and continues to grow. Due to this growth, we are seeking additional staff. The Registered Nurse role is responsible for providing provision of safe, effective and evidenced based Nursing care in our Chemotherapy service.
The successful applicant must be a Registered Nurse with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and hold a current annual practising certificate.
Specific duties include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care that is responsive to client’s needs and is supported by best evidence
- Practising in accordance with the Domains of Competence for the Registered Nurse
- Creating a conducive environment for patient and family participation in care that is reflective of a healing environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Has oncology experience and willing to work towards chemotherapy certification
- Competent in cannulation, management of CVADs and portacaths
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive clinical assessment skills
- Enthusiasm and a proactive, flexible attitude
How to Apply
To apply please click apply or to review the position description, please visit our Careers page on our website at www.mercyhospital.org.nz
For further information about the role please email HR Enquiries email@example.com. Please note we do not accept applications via email.
Applications close 27 September 2019.
Applications close 27 Sep 2019