Port Nelson - Nelson City - Nelson/Marlborough
- Do you enjoy working outdoors and like variety in your work?
- Combine your maintenance skills & operational experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Workshop team who take pride in keeping Port Nelson up and running.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this permanent full time role has it all – construction and maintenance work on buildings, wharves, vessels, navigation aids, fences, plant and equipment and also supporting the Slipway Master; no two days will be the same.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A can do attitude with solid planning skills to ensure efficient operations and compliance
- A high degree of safety awareness and knowledge
- Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Experience with a heavy construction or utilities maintenance background
- Knowledge and skill in a number of trades including carpentry, plumbing and engineering
- Ability to work effectively in a team or alone
- Class II drivers licence with F endorsement
- Truck mounted crane unit standard
- Mobile crane unit standard
- Scissorlift unit standard
- Work at height unit standard
A construction related trade qualification is preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Port Nelson team and be part of a local business that is focussed on providing outstanding service. We are recognised as one of the best employers in the region and pride ourselves on our people, which is why we are committed to providing a great work environment, ongoing support and a competitive remuneration package.
It will also require you to demonstrate our ASPIRE values – accountability, safety, passion, integrity/honesty, respect and excellence.
We operate a drug and alcohol testing programme.
Applications close 25 Aug 2019