Surf Life Saving NZ Clubs & National - Mount Maunganui - Bay of Plenty
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The purpose of the Regional Community Education Coordinator (RCEC) is to support and manage the execution and delivery of Beach Education, Surf 2 Schools programs, instructor training and program development.
- The RCEC will ensure the quality of SLSNZ external education programs are maintained and enhanced within the Eastern Region to achieve the highest standard of program delivery possible.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety Systems are in place across all venues and instructors are suitability trained in this area.
- The programme is delivered within financial targets as outlined in the Eastern Region Budget.
- Work with regional staff to ensure all venues, trailers and/or vehicles are suitably resourced.
- Assist with the development of schools educational learning material.
- Continue the development and implementation of a programme for various international student groups and ages
Employment and Training
- Recruit, train and develop instructors for surf education programmes to ensure a high quality of programme delivery.
- Offer support and development to instructors when required.
- Develop and maintain training programmes for instructors.
Programme Booking and Scheduling
- Check and ensure all bookings are suitably staffed.
- Contact booked schools to confirm they are attending and their student numbers.
- Work to actively rebook schools for the following season where possible.
- Roster Beach Education Instructors to bookings during the season.
- Ensure any complaints or concerns regarding any of the Community Education programmes delivery or the conduct of instructors are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
Promotion and Marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with the local Sports trusts, school cluster groups and individual schools in the area to actively promote the Programs to new schools.
- Further develop the relationship with organisations dealing with exchange students, new immigrants and international students to attend beach education.
Applications close 11 Aug 2019