Totally Tourism - Queenstown - Otago
Totally Tourism brings together some of the South Island's best sightseeing options and adventure activities. Totally Tourism operates The Helicopter Line, Glacier Helicopters, Harris Mountains Heli-Ski, Milford Sound Scenic Flights, Mitre Peak Cruises, Challenge Rafting and Queenstown Combos.
The role will be responsible for safety oversight of the Group’s aviation operations for Milford Sound Flights Ltd and The Helicopter Line Ltd. With this, you will act as the person responsible for the system of safety management in accordance with the Air Operator Certificates. You are expected to proactively engage with colleagues within the group to build safety performance, awareness and capabilities group wide.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Actively promoting safety awareness and reporting to assist in continuous improvement of The Helicopter Line (THL) and Milford Sound Flights (MSF) safety performance and communicating safety outcomes, trends and concerns.
- Monitoring safety concerns in the aviation industry, assessing and communicating internally their relevance and potential impact on the company’s operations.
- Overseeing the company’s safety management and safety performance processes, monitoring conformance and compliance.
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the company’s safety performance, capability and awareness.
- Develop and maintain MSF’s Safety Management System and THL’s Quality Management System and develop and implement THL’s Safety Management System.
- Conduct and record regular management reviews to ensure corrective and preventative actions are addressed and closed out within a specific time, and organisation safety meets the stated policy.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in aviation with a flight operations or maintenance background.
- Hold a certificate in Quality Assurance or equivalent qualification or;
- Five years’ experience in quality assurance management in the aviation industry.
If you have the passion, drive and commitment for this challenging role and have a desire to work with a great team dedicated to safely delivering the highest quality aviation products then we would like to hear from you.
For a full position description, please contact Claire Bennett, HR Advisor at Claire.Bennett@totallytourism.co.nz.