Enliven - Wellington City - Wellington
Huntleigh Home, Karori
Enliven is a not-for-profit service providing aged residential care to older people in the lower half of the North Island. We believe older people should remain connected to their community and live stimulating and fulfilling lives. All our homes embrace an elder directed model of care called the Eden philosophy.
Huntleigh is a well respected home, right in the heart of Karori and provides rest home and hospital level care to its residents.
We are seeking a vibrant and energetic Manager to lead Huntleigh on its Eden journey; fostering an environment where residents feel empowered to make decisions and live interesting and varied lifestyles.
As a Home Manager, you will:
- Work towards Eden goals by supporting residents independence
- Ensure budgets are adhered to and action is taken to address variances
- Lead and provide support and supervision to staff
- Maintain a risk register and monitor risk mitigation activities
- Identify and lead quality improvement projects
This is challenging role that will require you to balance multiple priorities and will give you the opportunity to lead and support cultural change within a supportive environment.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Proven people management and coaching skills
- A commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Sound judgement, decision making and problem-solving abilities
- An understanding of resident-centred care
- The ability to manage expectations, anticipate issues and manage risk
- A clinical background would be an advantage, but is not essential
How to apply
Applications close: 6 June 2019
To Apply please visit our website https://psc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/
To discuss the role or for more information, contact Suzanne Simpson, Regional Manager on 027 574 0650
As a community health care provider, all our sites are smoke free.