Pamu - Greymouth - West Coast
This is a unique opportunity for a hardworking individual with farm machinery operating experience to join us on Brunner Farm. Part of Pamu’s Weka complex and located 10 minutes from Lake Brunner, this dairy support block is comprised of approximately 800 ha and a base stock rate of 1200.
Main responsibilities will include carrying out general stock work, fencing, and assisting with pasture and crop management. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a proactive approach to health and safety, and be able to work alone when necessary. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who is keen to accept responsibility and willing to take on a challenge.
This role comes with an excellent 3-bedroom house with great schooling nearby. School bus pick-ups are available from the farm gate. The location also offers easy access to a range of outdoor recreational activities that include water sports, fishing and tramping.
You will bring:
- Proven experience as a Stockman/Shepherd
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of plant and farm machinery
- Self-motivation, initiative and good problem solving ability
- Tractor driving experience preferred
- Great attitude towards Health and Safety, Animal Welfare and Environmental Management
- Excellent communication skills and efficient time management;
- Current and full NZ driver’s licence.
We offer an attractive salary with additional benefits, as well as ongoing training and personal development to help you reach your personal and career goals.
For more details about the role, please contact Daniel Mears on 021 150 9986.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and a criminal background check. You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. Apply below, including a brief covering letter and a current CV.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 7th June 2019.