Delta - Dunedin City - Otago
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Machinery Operator to join our Dunedin team. The role involves operating machinery and driving plant for projects involved in forestry, roading, maintenance & construction. This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved with a range of interesting works in the area and who will gain real satisfaction from their contributions. General maintenance of heavy machinery will also be required as part of the role.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has experience in driving 20 tonne trucks and/or heavy combination vehicles as well as experience in tipping, spreading and transportation of heavy equipment
- Classes 1-5 drivers licences preferred (current and clean) and WTR endorsements
- Has heavy earth moving experience
- Is mechanically minded
- Is punctual, reliable and able to meet strict timeframes
- Is a team player and has the ability to adapt in different work environments
- Is able to follow instructions and has a demonstrated health and safety approach
- Has the ability to be flexible, as additional hours may be required.
In return you will be part of a dedicated and hardworking team within a progressive organisation. All gear is provided to undertake the role, and we provide on-the-job training to get you running.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you – apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. More information on Delta can be found via www.thinkdelta.co.nz.
Applications close 06 Jun 2019