Briscoe Group - Central Auckland - Auckland
We have made significant strides in Health and Safety over the last few years but we still have important goals to achieve, we need an accomplished and driven Health and Safety leader to help us get there. As a business, we’re committed to everyone going home safely each and every day. That means we all work together to keep ourselves and each other safe.
This isn’t a compliance role. Organisations that are successful in keeping their people safe and well understand the legal requirements to do so but place much more value on the moral obligation we have to look after each other and appreciate that a safe and healthy team are more engaged and productive. Great health and safety performance equals great business performance!
The successful candidate will:
- Build on our current health and safety tools, processes and practices
- Lead change management efforts to ensure that health and safety is well and truly understood and appreciated throughout our business and driven through commitment, not just compliance
- Drive health and safety programmes that proactively address risks and minimise or eliminate injuries
- Take a lead on incident management to achieve the best outcomes possible for all stakeholders
- Work to reduce incident and injury frequency and severity
- Lead our health and safety function, providing coaching and development to our Health and Safety Specialist
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety training to the business in conjunction with our Organisational Development team to establish programs that drive improved health and safety outcomes
- Provide advanced professional advice on all H&S legislation, policy and strategy to a broad range of stakeholders at all levels and across all functions of the organisation
- Report on all H&S matters in a timely and comprehensive manner with the identification of issues and trends and identification of ways in which we can continue to improve our performance
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in leading an organisational health and safety function
- The ability to embed health and safety as part of the culture of an organisation
- Demonstrated capability in health and safety best practice and NZ health and safety legislation and regulations
- Experience with Experience Rating, Workplace Safety Management Practice (WSMP) standards and programs and ACC claims management processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in developing communication plans and tactics
- Well-developed analytical skills and reporting skills
- A high level of proactivity and initiative, adaptability and resilience
- Well-developed organisational skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time effectively
- A tertiary qualification in health and safety or a related discipline would be an advantage
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold New Zealand Permanent Residency or Citizenship
Our brands are household names throughout New Zealand: Briscoes Homeware, Rebel Sport and Living & Giving. With 84 stores throughout New Zealand, our focus is on bringing great products and value to our customers. With a strong culture that recognises contributions and rewards performance, we take pride in the development of our people to become excellent retailers and part of that is our commitment to keeping everyone safe.
Based at our Support Office in Morningside, Auckland the remit for this role extends throughout our nationwide store network and includes both our Distribution Centre and Support Office.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to excel in this role and want to join the Briscoe Group team then please apply now!