VisionWest Community Trust - West Auckland - Auckland
Full-time — Glen Eden
Do you have a passion for seeing hope and transformation occur in the lives of people who have come from disadvantaged backgrounds?
VisionWest Community Trust are looking for an experienced Social Worker to work alongside our families in the Whanau Centre, ensuring they have access to all supports they need for successful outcomes in their lives and the lives of their children.
The Whanau Centre Social Worker will need to be able to interact with, and relate to, people from all walks of life from agency representatives to the unemployed and disenfranchised.
The successful applicant will have:
- A social work qualification and registration
- Experience working with families
- An understanding of the issues that arise with parenting
- A passion for journeying with people and an empathy towards those who are struggling with life’s challenges
- The ability to work in a bi-cultural context and acknowledge the Treaty of Waitangi to practice
- The ability to work with individuals, families or whanau, communities and groups from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with those who have experienced abuse and trauma
- Strong administration and documentation skills including those required for reporting and collating statistics
- Sound computer skills including the use of data bases
- A strength of character that displays patience, tenacity and a robust self esteem
VisionWest Community Trust is an award-winning, not-for-profit organisation with faith-based roots, that provides a range of services to communities in Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Christchurch.
A commitment to the mission and values of VisionWest Community Trust is essential for this position, see www.VisionWest.org.nz
If this role appeals to you, then please apply now!
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 21 Jun 2019