First Gas Ltd - Wellington City - Wellington
First Gas Limited owns and operates New Zealand’s high-pressure gas transmission system, which transports natural gas from Taranaki to industrial consumers throughout the North Island and spans more than 2,200 kilometres. First Gas also owns gas distribution networks that supply more than 60,000 North Island businesses and homes, and we have recently purchased the Ahuroa gas storage facility and Rockgas – a national LPG supplier. These are collectively valued at more than $1.8 billion. First Gas’ assets provide essential and strategically important infrastructure that supports the New Zealand economy, and we are committed to ensuring that our customers obtain maximum value from using our gas assets.
First Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Our Vision is to create a diverse workforce which reflects our society where people can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to foster an inclusive culture which supports innovation by encouraging diversity of thought to come up with new ideas, make better decisions and ultimately become a more successful business. Our goal is to attract great people and provide them with the tools, development, support and direction to do a fantastic job, and have fun along the way.
The role can be based in either Wellington or New Plymouth in our Information Systems team. Reporting to the Manager Information Systems you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of solutions that enable greater productivity, streamline day to day activities and provide a secure, stable and supportable environment.
- Flexible working opportunities to manage your work and life
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Opportunity for personal and career development
- Opportunity to be part of a business with a strategic focus on growth
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Business or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- People orientated and goal driven
- Proven track record in project delivery
- Sound understanding of IT and security solutions
- Experience writing business cases and documenting processes
- Ability to problem solve with a positive can-do attitude
- Integrity and high personal and professional standards
If this sounds like a business you want to contribute to and grow your career then please apply online.
Note: If you apply for this position via Seek you will receive a follow up email advising you that some additional information is required and providing a link to follow. The additional information required is the completion of the downloadable Application Form to be found at the bottom of the linked page.
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 07 Jun 2019