SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Contract: 4 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours of work will be: 40 hours per week, on a roster between 8am and 9pm, including weekend shifts
Location: SPCA Auckland
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand. We have a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare, which we have been doing this since 1872.
We are looking for a field officer to be a dedicated member of the SPCA Auckland Inspectorate Team on a 4 month fixed term contract, with a chance to move to a permanent position. This is an interesting and challenging role which would best suit someone who enjoys variety, can use their initiative and be able think on their feet.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the Animal Welfare Act, have practical experience with animals, be an effective communicator, and:
- Be able to safely transport animals and undertake other support roles as requested by the Chief Inspector.
- Attend to all animal welfare incidents and tasks in accordance with SPCA policy and procedures.
- Conduct home checks for SPCA Auckland adoptions.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise effectively and manage workloads.
- Will have a full current & clean New Zealand driver’s licence
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, then hit the apply button.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 7th June 2019.