Qualworx Ltd - Wellington City - Wellington
Salary/Wages: $76,000 to $86,000 per annum
Skills Active Aotearoa Limited is the industry training organisation for sport, community recreation, exercise, outdoor recreation, snowsport and performing arts. We promote careers and workforce development in our industries, create world class qualifications and support workplaces to train staff. We have a strong commitment to Tikanga Maori and biculturalism in our workplace and demonstrate this in our day to day operations.
We are looking for a Business Services Manager who is extremely proficient with financial processes and has well developed people skills. This person will also be comfortable with day to day office management (including our regional offices) to ensure our operations run smoothly. This role has responsibility for the Skills Active organisation and its subsidiary company, QualWorx Limited.
This role involves:
- Provision of quality financial information and support to the General Manager Corporate Services
- Support the development and implementation of best practice financial systems and business analysis within Skills Active
- Process financial transactions and prepare month end journals, reconciliations and financial reports
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Financial Statements and management of the annual audit process
- Support the Senior Management Team during the annual budget and forecasting process and with monthly management reporting
- Process payroll through i-Payroll and financial transactions via Xero
- Day to day management of the Skills Active offices including supplier management, security, insurance, fleet, travel, credit cards, maintenance and procurement functions
- Leading and managing two direct reports
The skills we are looking for include:
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practice
- Preferably a formal qualification(s) in a finance or commerce or similar field
- Well developed analytical and problem resolution skills
- Awareness of current Health and Safety and Employment legislation
- Intermediate to advanced user of the Microsoft office Suite of products, particularly Excel
- An understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Reo me ona Tikanga
- Leadership experience
- Experience working with iPayroll and Xero
- A full drivers’ licence
The successful candidate will enjoy our contemporary office environment and our commitment to wellness and work life balance. We are a casual but professional bunch who work hard and have fun whilst doing it.
If this role has caught your interest, please send us your CV with a cover letter advising why this role appeals to you and what strengths you feel you can bring to the position.
Please click ‘apply online’ and address applications to Courtenay Suppinger. Applications close at 5pm on Monay, 3 June 2019.
Applications close 03 Jun 2019