Queenstown Lakes District Council - Queenstown - Otago
The Roles - we have two roles available
The Swim Instructor role is responsible for ensuring the safe and enjoyable delivery of Aquatic Services by providing the instruction of our learn to swim services to all customers. We have two full-time opportunities available.
Your friendly and helpful service will help maximise customer learning and enjoyment and you will be focussed on ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
Do you want to make a difference in the community? Apply your passion for people and the water by delivering our Learn to Swim services!
We’re seeking dynamic and driven individuals for the Swim School Instructor openings based at the Queenstown Event Centre.
Who are we looking for?
The Swim School Instructor is responsible for ensuring the safe and enjoyable delivery of Aquatic Services by providing the instruction of Learn to swim services to all customers. Teaching Adult Beginners and Learn to Swim programmes (this includes children aged 3+ years)
Your friendly and helpful service will help maximise customer learning and enjoyment.
You will be focussed on ensuring personal safety and the safety of others.
Drawing on your experience & expertise in this space, you will also bring:
- AustSwim Teacher of Swimming &Water Safety, or Swim Teacher Award (SNZ STA)
- 3 years minimum relevant experience as a Swim School Instructor
- A current NZQA affiliated First Aid Certificate
- High School NCEA or Bursary (minimum level of education required)
- Experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to use computer based work systems
- Passion for working within a community focused centre
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs
Applications close 04 Jun 2019