SPCA - Invercargill - Southland
Contract: Permanent full time
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Location: SPCA Centre Invercargill
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking an Animal Welfare Inspector to provide effective management and implementation of all inspectorate functions under the current Animal Welfare Act throughout the SPCA, setting high professional standards of practice at all times. This will include education of the Animal Welfare Act and the prosecution of offenders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Qualifications and eligiblility to be Warranted as an Inspector
- Sound knowledge of the Animal Welfare Act
- Experience in the welfare, management and care of animals
- Good communication skills – verbal and written – statistics, report writing, systems Has a strong commitment to the values of the SPCA
- Strong time management, organisational and planning ability
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage team development
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively with all SPCA staff
- Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner
- Good physical strength, agility and fitness, manage challenging situations for animal rescues
- Sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Full, current, clean New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Positive and professional in all dealings
- Motivation and enthusiasm to make a difference
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Monday 10th June, 2019.