Odyssey - West Auckland - Auckland
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, other drugs or gambling.
We now have two part time opportunities for Practitioners to work overnight at our Adult Services residential facility located in Avondale
Family Centre – 20 hours per week: The predominant nights of work will be Friday and Saturday with each shift start starting at 10.00pm and finishing at 8.00am.
Adult – 30 hours per week: The predominant nights of work will be Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with each shift start starting at 10.00pm and finishing at 8.00am.
The Overnight Practitioner role involves working overnight, doing regular checks on the clients and premises, supporting residents with concerns, and completing administrative tasks. These roles require the successful applicants to be awake and vigilant through the entire night.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification.
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
- Previous experience working in the addictions or mental health field
- Be committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and guidelines for practice
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of an energetic and friendly team
- A sense of humour
- A flexible 'can do' approach
- A full clean NZ driver’s license
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Please note that Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for the successful candidates.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Monday 3rd June 2019 at 4.00.pm
Applications close 03 Jun 2019