MASH trust - Palmerston North - Manawatu
Are you passionate about making a difference in other people’s lives? Do you want to empower others to be their best? Do you want to help families break the cycle of addictions, providing a better future for their children? Do you want to make the world a better place? Do you want to work for a company who values and respects their workers?
If you answered YES then we want to hear from you.
MASH is a leading provider of community based residential and rehabilitation support services. We are committed to providing support, respect and dignity to the people we support, enabling them to have greater independence and quality of life in their own homes.
This rewarding position provides counselling and support to individuals and families experiencing co-existing problems. This type of support will also provide education and case management while promoting healthy lifestyles and healthy choices.
This is a vaired role, no two days will be the same and you will be delivering the several established group programmes; Monarch, Wrapped, Support group and Therapy group. Experience in the delivery of groups is preferred however, it is not essentail. Experience in working with people with addictions and an appropriate (or closely aligned) qualification in this field is. As well as group work, you will be required to undertake individual counselling of people with addictions, contribute to the day to day perfeormance of the Addictions recovery team and be passionate about innovation and delivery of quality and responsive services
- Applicants must have a relevant degree level qualification (e.g. Registered AOD practitioner, Licensed Counsellor, Registered Social Worker, Registered Nurse).
- All qualified clinical and allied staffs are affiliated to their professional body & this membership is maintained.
- Previous experience and/or qualifications in the co-existing problems field (Alcohol & Drug and/or Mental Health) preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of professional boundaries and practice ethics.
- Complete client psychosocial individual treatment plan within required timeframe.
- Make appropriate referrals to community agencies and conduct follow up.
- Function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to the development of a strong case management team.
- Identify any clinical/case management needs and work to address those needs.
- Provide individual/group/family counselling as required.
- Educate clients on all aspects of treatment and corresponding health issues.
- Assist in supporting all recovery activities while on site.
- Have a thorough understanding and ability to apply motivational interviewing techniques and various counselling modalities.
- Must be flexible and have ability to think quickly and creatively.
- Be confident and have experience in group facilitation.
- Have a good, no GREAT sense of humour.
This position is 40 hours per fortnight and is a Monday to Friday role with the actual hours to be negotiated with the succesful candidate.
This is a fixed term position which extends from the period Early June 2019 until July 2020
What can we offer you?
We can offer you an excellent working environment, rewarding work, plenty of training in your role and ongoing support. We also have many opportunities to study while working.
Applications close 28 May 2019