Pamu - Greymouth - West Coast
We are looking for a positive and hardworking Dairy Farm Assistant to join our team on Kotuku Dairy Unit. Located 10 minutes from Lake Brunner and 25 minutes from Greymouth, Kotuku is a 425 effective ha block, milking up to 900 cows through a 60 bail rotary with ACR’s and MilkHub. You need to be a great team player and have good communication skills.
Responsibilities will include milking and general stock work. You may also be needed to assist with calf rearing. This position will start in July and run through to the end of November.
The role comes with shared accommodation and the location offers easy access to a range of outdoor recreational activities.
You will bring:
- A positive attitude and a minimum of 1 year dairy farming experience
- The ability to work unsupervised in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
- First class attitude to Health and Safety and Animal Welfare
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Pride in your work and surrounding environment
- Restricted or full NZ driver’s licence
We offer an attractive salary and regular time off. Currently running 5 on, 2 off (6 on 2 off Aug-Oct)
For further details about the role, contact Rick Wobben – Farm Manager on 027 562 7198.
We are committed to providing a safe workplace and the successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and a criminal background check. You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. Apply below, including a brief covering letter and a current CV.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 3 June 2019.