Bakeworks - West Auckland - Auckland
Established in 2001, Bakeworks has become a well-known and respected brand specialising in the manufacture and distribution of baked gluten free products in both standard grocery, specialist outlets and contract manufacturing.
We are seeking an Operations/Production Manager to streamline our production process, drive improvements and efficiencies and create a positive work culture. This is a hands-on role where you must be prepared to get your hands dirty when required. Also due to the nature of our 24 hour operation, you will need to be available at various times day and night.
This position is a full-time salaried role with bonuses based on performance.
What we require from you:
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of our production bakery
- Lead the implementation of process improvement initiatives (as per Kaizen practices).
- Promote a performance-based culture that encourages ownership, continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence.
- Manage the production budget, provide operational leadership and drive key continuous improvement and capital projects.
- Plan production scheduling and staff rosters.
- Manage inventory levels.
- Deliver significant year on year improvement across all key measures including food safety and quality, environmental health and safety and operational cost.
- Maintain a customer focus, ensuring CSL (Customer Service Leadership) is maintained at a high level and all growth opportunities are fully explored and realized where it makes business sense.
- Ensure the production area is always fully compliant with all regulatory requirements.
What you bring:
- A background in manufacturing with experience in leading significant changes and successfully managing teams within a complex manufacturing environment.
- A proven track record of results and continuous improvement in manufacturing or related roles.
- Strong people management skills including motivational, coaching and staff development.
- Think and act like an owner with a “can do” approach accompanied by positive and urgent behaviour.
- Deliver on what you say you’ll do, always maintaining a high level of integrity.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Excellent understanding of financial metrics and high level of computer literacy.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and numeracy skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Communication is key to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or related field preferred (for example Technology, Science, Engineering, Business Management).
- Willingness to work where and when needed due to 24 hours operation.