SPCA - Wellington City - Wellington
Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours: 12.5 hours, Friday and Saturday + flexibility of extra hours
Location: SPCA Johnsonville Op Shop
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking a part-time enthusiastic person with retail experience for the role of Assistant Manager for our Johnsonville Opportunity Shop. In this role you will be able to use your previous retail experience to assist the shop manager by taking charge of the shop on a Friday and Saturday. Flexibility may be required. You will know how to price second hand items, recognize labelled clothes and know your bone china from your ceramics. Previous experience in cash handling and management/volunteer management would be an advantage.
The fixed hours are 9.30am to 4.00pm every Friday and 9.30am to 3.00pm every Saturday, on occasion extra hours may be needed to stand in for the Manager.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication, customer service skills, and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic about retail and has a passion for the community.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking and able to prioritise and effectively manage daily workloads.
- Have the skills to price second hand goods appropriately.
- Be honest and trustworthy with a can-do attitude.
- Have a minimum of 2 years retail experience including shop front, merchandise displays and till/point of sale systems.
- Having previous management and or volunteer management experience will be an advantage.
- Be available to work every Friday and Saturday (12.5 hours a week) with a flexible approach to the hours of work.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday 30th May 2019.