SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: 1 x Permanent Full Time (40hrs) and 1 x Permanent part-time role (32hrs)
Hours of work will be: Full Time Position: 8am to 4.30pm Tuesday to Saturday
Part Time Position: 8.00am – 4.30pm Friday to Monday
Location: SPCA Hobsonville Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are currently seeking candidates with excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare to join the canine team at our Hobsonville centre, which we will be opening soon.
We have 2 positions available – 1 x 40hrs per week and 1 x 32 hours a week, on a rostered basis. You may be required to work public holidays and weekends, therefore flexibility in regard to days and hours of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like-minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with dog adoption enquiries in person, via phone or website
- Coordinating and working with volunteers and the canine team with an aim to improve animal pathways through the centre and have successful outcomes
- Monitoring animal health, behaviour and administering medication
- Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and behaviour modification for the dogs in the centre
- Working with other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
- Assisting with general Customer Service duties such as assisting with adoptions and retail sales and providing customer service support to the SPCA Doggy Day care
- Assisting in hands on practical training of canine volunteers
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and evidence based skills in animal care, behaviour and training
- Have practical dog-handling experience and knowledge.
- Experience working as an effective and positive team member
- Applicable tertiary qualification e.g. animal care, animal welfare, canine training and behaviour would be preferable
- Good communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
- Active, physically able to cope with the rigor of the job
- Sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence
- Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner.
- Motivated and enthusiastic to make a difference.
- Good at getting things done – a doer, action oriented, hard working
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the values of the SPCA.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close: Friday 7th June 2019