SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: 2 x Permanent Full Time
Hours of work: Position One 40 hours per week, 8.00am to 4.30pm, Wednesday to Sunday
Position Two: 40 hours per week, 8.00am – 4.30pm, Friday to Tuesday
Location: Hobsonville, Auckland
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are currently seeking candidates with excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare to join the feline team at our Hobsonville centre, which we will be opening soon.
This positions provide animal attendant support to the feline services within SPCA Auckland to ensure they can continue to be a high performing, effective, responsive and efficient team. Key responsibilities will include caring for SPCA animals to ensure all of their welfare needs are met and assisting members of the public with enquiries and adoptions.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with Feline adoption enquiries in person, via phone or website
- Coordinating and working with Volunteers and Feline team with an aim to have successful animal pathways and adoption outcomes
- Monitoring animal health, behaviour and provision of appropriate enrichment
- Working with other departments to ensure Feline area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
- Assisting with general Customer Service duties such as processing adoptions, answering phone calls, data entry and retail sales
- Following strict infection control and hygiene processes in all aspects of cleaning and animal handling
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with other Centre staff and Volunteers and participate in provision of onsite training
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking in multiple areas.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent data-entry & computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close date: Friday 31st May 2019