Queenstown Lakes District Council - Queenstown - Otago
Junior Graphic Designer
Are you looking to work in a progressive forward thinking organisation? The most beautiful district in New Zealand is currently experiencing high growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results-driven professionals like you. The 2018 – 2028 Ten Year Plan that is set out in front of us will see significant investment in infrastructure, and a growing requirement for community, support and regulatory services across the board.
The Junior Graphic Designer role will assist in delivering QLDC’s design requirements across a broad range of communications, engagement and marketing campaigns and business-as-usual materials, in both online and offline channels. The designer will ensure that all artwork, graphics, publications, brochures, signage, advertising and promotional material is produced to a high quality. They will be highly competent in design and apply a professional, consistent and appropriate style to all QLDC publications across all platforms.
The role will support the Senior Graphic Designer and Web & Digital Communications Advisor in the development of internal and external communications material and communication documents. Therefore, excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management and the ability to manage their own workflow will also be essential.
- Minimum Diploma in graphic design or equivalent experience. Bachelor level qualification would be desirable to be considered for a graduate entry.
- 2 years’ experience in a Graphic Design role (graduates considered, based on portfolio)
- Demonstrated high level of ability in Adobe Creative products, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with web content management systems including SilverStripe would be an advantage, along with demonstrated working knowledge of website administration and website management.
- Competency in the use of social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter, and an appreciation of the opportunities and risks associated with their use by public bodies.
- Demonstrated high order written language skills, with attention to detail in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to persuade and influence to obtain optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills. Ability to prioritise and multitask to achieve required results within deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and gain the trust and respect.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented and innovative professional
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs.
Please include your portfolio when applying for this role.
Applications close 27 May 2019