SPCA - Nelson City - Nelson/Marlborough
Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours of work will be: 23 - 27 hours per week
Location: SPCA Nelson
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
The successful management of the SPCA Nelson Op Shop generates additional funds to help our Animal Centre, and allow us to extend our reach in promoting our services and encouraging support for our organisation.
We are seeking a positive and motivated Op Shop Manager who will manage all aspects of the retail operation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in retail management
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop people
- Financial management experience (e.g. banking, reports etc.)
- Passionate about animal welfare
- Op Shop management experience
- An approachable, professional and positive outlook, with a strong work ethic, energy and initiative.
Your duties will include:
- Day to day store, financial and volunteer staff management.
- Recruitment, management, development and leadership of volunteer staff.
- Quality stock control/warehouse management.
- Ensuring a high overall standard of presentation, cleanliness and maintenance within the store.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are followed and in place.
- Arranging marketing, promotion and advertising
- Maintaining a sound level of financial profitability and meeting performance targets.
- Completing daily banking, and reporting as required.
- Maintaining health and safety standards as set by the SPCA regulations.
- Continuing development and improvement of the store.
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service and a caring, cooperative, friendly atmosphere within the store
- Providing clear and professional communication at all times.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 24th May 2019