Dunedin Casino - Dunedin City - Otago
Dunedin Casino is one of Otago’s largest hospitality employers. The casino is a leader in technology; it was the first New Zealand business to virtualise both servers and desktop systems and adopt the Bally Technologies casino management system.
We are now looking for a senior IT professional to join our organisation and maintain our IT infrastructure to such a standard that minimises the risk of system failure. You will be responsible for all aspects of our IT and Telecommunications systems, providing appropriate support.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of being able to strategise IT directions, engage with vendors, to scope and manage projects to their successful conclusion.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be required to assist in the budgeting process for capital and operational expenditure and to maintain strong relationships with our suppliers and consultants.
The following knowledge and experience in a production environment is essential to be successful in this position:
- Exposure to physical and virtualised servers, desktops and applications – VMWare products like ESX, vCenter, View/Horizon and Thin App (VCP or other certification would be advantageous)
- Experience in RDP & PCOIP concepts, protocols and peripheral connectivity
- Experience in Windows Server 2008 and 2012 administration, including Active Directory and Windows 7/10 Administration
- SQL server database administration
- Linux servers (Ubuntu)
- Hardware – IBM & Dell Servers and EMC SANs
- Exchange and Fortimail email administration
- Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Veeam backup and replication
- Exposure to perimeter security and VPN technologies, WAN, standalone and integrated EFTPOS systems would also be considered advantageous
To be eligible for this position you must be at least 20 years of age and a NZ citizen or permanent resident. You will be required to obtain and hold a Certificate of Approval for casinos from the Department of Internal Affairs.