Mr Apple - Napier - Hawkes Bay
Mr Apple NZ is New Zealand’s largest vertically integrated apple grower, packer and exporter with orchards in Napier, Hastings and Central Hawkes Bay. We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join the team in the Napier area.
Reporting to the Orchard Manager you will be working with a skilled team of people in all aspects of orchard horticulture.
Skills and attributes that are required:
- You will be required to maximise the efficiency of day to day orchard operations under the direction of the Orchard Manager.
- Be responsible for effectively managing and motivating staff through compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Relevant technical knowledge and a well-grounded practical knowledge of horticultural systems is required.
- You must be an experienced orchardist with excellent leadership skills.
- You will be confident multi-tasking and will be calm under pressure.
- Experience in developing and training people is essential to succeed in this role.
If you tick all the boxes then you will be remunerated accordingly including a work vehicle, phone, iPad and medical insurance. If you want to work for an industry leader then please apply online or send your CV to Mr Apple, PO Box 42, Whakatu Attn: Orchard Assistant Manager. Applications close 31st May 2019.
Mr Apple is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Please note applications will only be considered if you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand. You must be a New Zealand Citizen, a permanent resident or a holder of a current New Zealand work permit to apply for this job.