Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Salary/Wages: $66500 - $78500 per annum (37.5FTE)
Permanent, Full time
Based at either main campus -Windermere (Tauranga) or Mokoia (Rotorua)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of New Zealand’s newest, and the Bay of Plenty’s largest, tertiary education provider.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatane, Taupo and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to providing relevant targeted vocation and professional education to meet current and future employment needs. You will be part of an institution that will support the region to grow, increasing access and participation and ensuring enhanced education and employment outcomes for our students.
The Academic Developer is a member of the Academic Development Team and contributes to excellent teaching and learning through leading the development of excellent programme development
More specifically the Academic Developer will;
- Drive an innovate approach to quality programme development.
- Manage the development of quality programmes that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Maintain currency in effective teaching and programme development practices.
- Develop and maintain understanding of Matauranga Maori approaches.
- Contribute to continuous quality improvement practices.
- Support the development of learning materials as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline;
- Relevant teaching qualification
- Minimum of 4 years experience in education
- Thorough understanding, knowledge and skills in the tertiary education sector
- Experience in programme development
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Applications close 03 Jun 2019