Napier Port - Napier - Hawkes Bay
Strategically positioned on the eastern shipping route of New Zealand, Napier Port connects Central New Zealand businesses to the world. Napier Port has experienced significant growth and investment over the last decade and we are planning for major growth over the next ten years as our regional economy grows.
This is an exciting time to join Napier Port with plenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, with a team of 3 direct reports, the Financial Reporting Manager is a key position within the Napier Port Finance team.
The Financial Reporting Manager will lead the financial accounting, taxation and external financial reporting for Napier Port.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Responsibility for the general ledger and the underlying efficient and effective financial processes and systems
- Partner with the Management Accountant and wider Finance Team to ensure efficient, timely and insightful management reporting and analysis
- Technical accounting lead and preparation of Napier Port’s external financial reporting in accordance with NZ IFRS and NZX requirements
- Meet statutory, NZX, shareholder, and other external and internal requirements in terms of financial reporting, financial control, taxation, and effective financial management.
- Ensuring appropriate controls, policies and efficient processes are in place to ensure integrity, reliability, and support timely financial reporting and decision making
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with the external auditors and other stakeholders
- Develop, coach and lead direct reports building capability within the team
- Health and safety – actively contributing to a Just Culture workplace
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical accounting background with a ‘big 4’ accounting firm, complemented by strong financial management experience with leading organisations. The successful candidate will be a CA and have demonstrated experience managing a team and strong communication skills.
If you think this sounds like you, please submit an online application today.
Applications close 20 May 2019