Delta - Tasman - Nelson/Marlborough
Distribution Supervisor – Nelson
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven experience as a Distribution Supervisor or for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The main purpose of the role is to take on a proactive role leading a small close-knit team to provide outstanding service for our client. The Supervisor will report to and work with the Contracts Manager to ensure that work is undertaken safely, on time, to budget and delivers high quality outcomes for our Customer.
There is a variety of interesting work that you and your team will be involved with, such as subdivision reticulation, network upgrades and other projects assigned by our customers.
- Extensive experience working as a qualified Electrician, Electrical Fitter or Line Mechanic within the Electrical Distribution industry
- Strong people management skills – the ability to bring out the best in people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service – someone who our staff and customers alike will enjoy working alongside
- Excellent organisational skills - to coordinate and monitor the work activities of the Nelson team ensuring compliance with current legislation and standards
- Demonstrated initiative – with an established history of success in completing tasks to agreed standards and the ability to trouble shoot and identify new opportunities to improve systems
- Self-motivated – the ability to work effectively under pressure, to prioritise workloads and make decisions
- High level of accuracy and efficiency - use a logical, analytical and systematic approach to tasks, ensuring policies and procedures are duly followed
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- The supervisor will be required to be part of the after-hours faults roster.
You must be currently registered as an Electrician, Electrical Fitter or Line Mechanic with the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) of NZ.
What’s on offer:
- Commuting use of a company vehicle
- A role where you can be challenged
- Career and development opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive work environment
- Relocation assistance will be taken into consideration.
If you think this sounds like you, and you’re ready for your next challenge, we want to hear from you. Apply now or contact Geoff Hall, Regional Manager on 027 235 6822 for a confidential discussion.
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz.
Applications close 24 May 2019