Villa Maria Estate Ltd - Hastings - Hawkes Bay
Villa Maria is 100% family-owned and is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery. For the last four consecutive years Villa Maria has been named in the top ten most admired wine brands and number one in New Zealand by Drinks International. At Villa Maria we are as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine.
The Villa Maria family of wineries has a new state-of-the-art winery located in the Gimblett Gravels of Hawkes Bay, a multifaceted grape-growing region with a reputation for world-class Chardonnay, Syrah and Bordeaux Blends. The winery is home to our Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa, Left Field and Kidnapper Cliffs brands. Also on site is our Cellar Door retail store, events and function space as well as the renowned Cuisine Top 100 Te Awa restaurant.
We have an opening for an experienced people and culture professional to join us at our Hawkes Bay site.
This is a new role, due to Villa Maria’s recent expansion in Hawkes Bay and signifying our continued investment in our greatest asset – our people. Providing generalist HR partnering to our Viticulture, Winery, Winemaking and Hospitality teams, you’ll be the stand-alone HR team member based out of Hawkes Bay, but will work closely with the central HR, Health & Safety and Payroll team members based in Auckland. You may well be asked to lead Company-wide people projects and support ‘client’ groups across the country too.
In this true generalist role, you’ll be:
- Providing HR support across the full employee lifecycle including attraction, development, recognition, retention and exiting of staff
- Managing and maintaining HR records and systems
- Project managing annual people process including remuneration review, talent and succession planning and seasonal recruitment drives
- Coaching and advising leaders/managers on employment and performance management matters
- Providing change management expertise to support leaders/managers in driving culture change
- Providing direction to leaders/managers in workforce planning and optimizing organization structures
- Inputting into, and delivering on, the Company-wide People strategy and continuous improvement agenda
- Role modeling the Company’s family values in all you do and setting the tone for a culture that will support the longer-term achievement of Company goals
Previous experience as an HR senior advisor or business partner is a must, and an understanding of NZ immigration and health & safety requirements would be a distinct advantage. A sense of humour and an interest in wine might help too!
We have ‘space’ for a full-timer but are equally happy to consider part-time and flexible working arrangements.
This is a truly unique opportunity to make your mark at an iconic NZ company, working with the most passionate and dedicated people including several of our country’s most renowned winemakers.
Please apply with a cv and cover note and complete the application form. All candidates must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
Feel free to call Carole - our HR Director - for more information or an initial chat on 021 196 0513.