Queenstown Lakes District Council - Queenstown - Otago
Parks Projects Coordinator
Are you a projects coordinator whizz? We are looking for a self-starter to join our Parks team in a fixed-term parental leave capacity.
The Queenstown Lakes District continues to be one of the fastest growing districts in New Zealand. It’s a spectacular, vibrant and forward looking community with a relatively small number of residents (approx. 30,000) and ratepayers (approx. 22,000), and it hosted nearly five million visitor nights last year. Employing around 330 staff, the Queenstown Lakes District Council has a significant role to play in delivering a high quality experience to residents and visitors alike – ensuring the provision of good quality local infrastructure, public services and regulatory functions at the least possible cost to households and businesses.
Queenstown is nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and is rated as one of the World’s top destinations. Queenstown is renowned for its four distinctive seasons which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails Queenstown has to offer during the summer months. Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
The Parks Projects Coordinator will lead and assist where appropriate, in the development of capital and renewal expenditure programmes for Annual Plan and Long Term Plan budgets, and be responsible for managing and implementing these programmes.
- Project Management qualification or extensive proven experience
- Extensive experience (5-7 years) in a parks & reserves based role
- Proven track record of managing projects to budget and within time using a range of contract types
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships across a broad range of sectors
- Extensive networks and credibility with the stakeholder community
- Knowledge of contract administration activities
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with contractors and gain their trust and respect
- Must be able to prioritise and meet deadlines and work outside of core hours from time to time as required
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, and innovative professional
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs