Queenstown Lakes District Council - Queenstown - Otago
Media & Channels Advisor
Exciting opportunity for a Communications professional to bring their best to help shape our Can do Council.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 350 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $990m over ten years, we are a major part of the district’s economy.
In the Media and Channels Advisor role, you will play a vital role in managing QLDC’s relationships with local and national media while ensuring that all media releases, actions and responses are timely and respond to the information needs for the local community.
You will work with the communications team to organise advertising and communications campaign schedules that deliver effective reach within challenging budgets.
We are looking for a no nonsense professional who is solution focused, outcome driven and enjoys working in a high performing team.
If you can tick the boxes below, we want to hear from you:
- A Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline , preferably communications, public relations or journalism
- At least seven years’ experience in a communications, media or public relations environment
- Experience in either local or central government communication or a detailed understanding of government processes
- Highly developed communication skills
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and the media
- Highly skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and the Silverstripe content management system.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of website administration and website management
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs
Applications close 02 May 2019