Odyssey - South Auckland - Auckland
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centres including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Practitioner to join the team at Spring Hill Prison (Hampton Downs -Waikato), delivering 6 month therapeutic programmes and aftercare support for up to 40 men. Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports and ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
Do you have:
- Relevant Health qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
- Be registered to a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered
- Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
- Motivational Interviewing experience
- Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
- A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
- An understanding of working in a correctional environment
- A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
We offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Transport support options
- Learning and development opportunities
- Varied work that supports the community
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
- A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 281 5653.
Please note: to work in the Corrections environment applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and Ministry of Social Development checks.
Closing date: Thursday 2nd May 2019 at 4.00pm
Applications close 02 May 2019