SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Hours of work will be: Monday-Thursday 8.30am – 2:30pm
Location: Greater Auckland Area (based out of SPCA Auckland Centre)
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. There are 8 SPCA Op Shops throughout Auckland, these shops help raise the funds that we need for the work that we do. They are an integral part of the process used by our organisation to save the lives of the animals that come through our door.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Truck Driver to work on our Op Shop Truck. This role is responsible for picking up and transporting donated goods to our Op Shops and delivering large purchased items to buyers. The role involves loading and unloading a small truck several times over the shift, with the help of the Op Shop Truck Assistant. This position is also responsible for planning the routes driven and ensuring the delivery schedule is managed appropriately each day.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude who wants to play a part in helping the animals of Auckland. You will need to have excellent customer service skills and lots of energy as this is a physical role that involves lifting and moving furniture and boxes of donated items.
A key benefit to this role is going home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
Skills and Abilities
- A clean, full car licence and the confidence and ability to drive a small truck are essential requirements
- Good physical strength, agility and a reasonable level of fitness
- A team player with a positive and friendly attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Professional in all dealings with strong communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and reliable
- Strong prioritisation and planning skills
- Uses initiative and common sense
- Must have own transport and be able to get to work at specified times
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 2nd May.